Friday, 12 July 2013

Writing is healing.


Our lives were turned upside down immediately one Friday evening on 12th July 2013.

Not only does my dog have to deal with sudden intense pain, he has to get used to an entire lifestyle change. It is a very difficult time for any dog that cannot speak or communicate articulately to his human caregivers. 

Pea is an 11-year old schnoodle who suffers from Intervertebral Disk Disease (IVDD). IVDD may eventually lead to neurological problems and paralysis.

Our lives have changed. My husband and I have to manage compromises. But one thing we both agree on is uncompromising care and continuous love for Pea, a sweet, loving, intelligent boy who deserves only the best love we have to offer in the world. He has truly been the most faithful friend a woman can ask for and the best companion in both good times and bad times. 

When I learnt about the devastating state of Pea's compressed and slipped discs, I knew I had to turn to writing. While I hope that this blog will help others in caring for their dogs that have IVDD, writing helps me to relief some of the emotional distress and physical exhaustion I experience and writing helps to document his medical and recovery log.

No comments:

Post a Comment